Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Front Cover Finished! (Full Analysis + Explanation)

I have now finished the Front Cover for my Student Magazine :D which you can see below


I will now give a full analysis of my Student Magazine Front Cover :)

The style of Font I was looking for, for my Masthead was one of a Urban/Dissolved style, I chose the font I did for two main reasons, one, because it was my favourite out of all the Fonts I considered for use, and two, this Font was quite easy to manipulate using Photoshop in means of changing it's colour (as it originally was black), changing the Font's colour does not seem like a hard task but as it's style was dissolved in some parts of the letters, I had to edit it so that I could colour all of it and it would look professional (the Font I chose came from the website dafont.com) .

For the exclamation mark I actually used a lower case "L" from the "Cartoon" category on dafont.com , I then flipped it upside down and combined it with an army star also font on dafont.com under the "Army" category in the "Dingbats" section (this section contains many images related to different themes such as "Army" and "Sport") .

Editing on the Masthead contained, making sure the Font could be coloured by cleaning up some of the particles of the Font, editing some parts around the star to just leave the star on its own, colouring the Masthead (in clashing colours purposely for the extra effect of making it stand out) and using the "Smudge" and "Blur" tools on Photoshop just to give it a more wild/stylized feel to it.

I chose a Black Gradient Background around the Masthead because I believe it worked best, I tried different solid colours (including black) but they just did not work as well in my opinion. I chose various bright colours to contrast the Black Gradient Background because I felt it helped catch the readers eye and also just helped it stand out.

I chose the Image of a student studying as it related to my Headline, which was about "EXAM TOP TIPS!!!" so I figured it relevant to provide an image to back up the Main Article of the magazine.

I chose bright pink as the colour for the Headline and Cover Lines as it was a strong visable colour against the image which took up most of the Front Cover, so it is readable but also quite eye catching I believe as it is a very strong vibrant colour.

I used an explosion effect that I found on Google Images as the backing for the Text "£1.00!!!" to help the text stand out more and to help promote the excellent price of the magazine, I edited the explosion effect in Photoshop as when I saved it, it was only an outline, I coloured the borders darker then filled in the center in red so that it would provide a noticeable backing for the "£1.00!!!" Text.

The issue stated down the bottom right is just to add realism to the Student Magazine, as obviously as I stated in previous posts, my Student Magazine would be Monthly and thus I thought it appropriate to label issue of the magazine by month.

And that about sums it up for my Analysis and Explanation :)

I shall post up pictures very soon on how my Contents Page is coming along :) but till then, cya guys :3

Feel free to post up any comments you have about my Student Magazine Front Cover, I would love to hear what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment